Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright

While I was in Utah doing therapy with Samantha, I wanted to read some books.  I also wanted to write a book...but that's another story.  I started reading Gone With the Wind but as much as I loved it (and am still loving it), I felt a deep desire to finish a book while I was gone, and I knew at the rate I was going, I wouldn't do it.  I really had this deep desire to finish something...and this book fell into my lap.

It was at the BYU sidewalk sale for only $2.00.  I bought it, read it, and it was finished in only a couple nights.  It was a perfect book for what I was looking for.

It was fast.  And it was overall happy.

The book revolves around the relationship of Jack and Laurel Cooper.  In the first chapter of the book, you are made very aware of how deep their love for each other is and the rest of the book is a reflection on their lives together -- how their romance began and evolved over their married life.  Their children read letters that Jack wrote Laurel every Wednesday during their life together.  I actually did that one year for Marcus for Christmas...but they were Sunday Letters.  And I'll tell you what, that is a commitment!  But it was really fun to do.  For one year I wrote him every Sunday and at Christmas, I printed them off and bound them in a book.  It was a fun project.  Anyway...back to the book.

What I liked about the book is that I was actually surprised.  I thought it would be very predictable but it wasn't all of the time.  I enjoyed that.  And, at the end, I had the self satisfaction I was looking for of completing a book on that trip as well as feel hopeful and happy about life.  It's a good book to read one time.  I enjoyed it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails