Sunday, October 17, 2010

Now I Can -- Can We Now?

I'm not sure what to do. Now I Can is an intensive physical therapy center that I truly believe that Sammy could benefit from. I've researched them out a little bit. I've talked to some therapists. And I even called our old PT back in Spokane, WA and asked her about the methods used there, etc. Our old PT back in Spokane does intensive therapy. While we lived there, Samantha was too young to do it. And as much as I wanted it then, and would be very much interested in having Samantha work with Echo again -- intensively, I feel compelled to go to Now I Can. I'm not sure why.

Therapists here have told me about places in the Bay Area that do similar intensive therapies. They use the same neurosuit. They are much closer. And still, I'm drawn to Now I Can. Why? I'm not quite sure. But over the past few years with Samantha I've learned to follow those feelings, because usually, there's a reason...and most often, it's turned out well.

So, Now I Can. I want to do it. And I think she's at a good age to do it -- in fact, I think this is a great age to do it...when she's still young. Good changes do and can happen when you're older, but it's so much easier to create those pathways in your brain NOW that will give her what she needs to move and function better.

Right now, I can only imagine her walking without stumbling. I can only imagine her taking a step down instead of falling face forward! I can only imagine her using a spoon. I can only imagine her walking and standing without orthotics. I can only imagine these things now, but I believe they can really happen. Really.

Problem: Expensive! It's a 3-4 week session that is $2000/week. We're talking at least $6,000. I could drive out to Orem, UT. And I'm pretty sure I could find a place to stay. The arrangements wouldn't be super easy, but I think it could be worth it. I want to do some fundraising, and I really believe I could earn the money doing a few things here.

But, I'm having a hard time making the decision to do it or not. I have a hard time committing to something, even if it's a good thing, when there's that much money involved. What if I don't raise the money? What if I can't pull it all together? It just makes me nervous.

I just need to start a real investigation, see what times are still open, and pray I suppose. I really want to get her a session though. I'll, of course, keep everyone posted on what we decide. This could really really be awesome. But who knows? Maybe now isn't the time?

5 comments:

Marci said...

We'll happily donate to the cause Jen. AND you can stay with us if you don't mind the drive to / from Orem. We have a nice little guest bedroom downstairs off the TV room. Come along! It would be a TOTAL BLAST! :)

Lots of love,
Marse

Lori and Matt said...

I;m only 10 minutes from Orem and you and Sammy can have your own room downstairs and sperate bathroom! Good luck figuring it out. remember, you are your child's expert, no one else! Only you know her the best and those instincts are worth gold! Good luck!

TMI Tara said...

We're having the same dilemma right now. I know you will do what's right for Sammantha. I know what I want to do, now.... can we? Good luck!

Rob and Marseille said...

we also have an extra bedroom & live right off the freeway. Good luck making your decision. Why do decisions have to be hard :/

JAZKK Low said...

You are feeling compelled to do it, money is money and you could TOTALLY fund raise enough. Start your bake sales! :) HA! Just kidding. You'll know. You are close to the Spirit. You'll know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails