* Sammy is standing straighter
* She stops herself when approaching objects more consistently
* She is talking a lot during therapy. "I'm coming" and things of the sort
* She is doing better at keeping her feet flat...instead of rotating out and standing on the outside of her foot
|Notice her feet...this was the 2nd day we were here I believe. She is putting her weight on the outside of her feet. This is improving quite a bit.|
* She continues to protest like a champ when she doesn't want to do something
* She doesn't trip over the exercise mat at all anymore...consistently steps up over it
* Samantha's head stopped growing when she was 4 months old. She had surgery to correct her skull and during that time, the doctor said he allowed space for her brain to grow. If it did not grow, the skull would collapse back to where it was. Her brain did not grow. The skull collapsed and there was a large ridge that ran across the top of her head. We began doing craniosacral therapy and over a period of time, the ridge was smaller. This ridge was always covered by her honey-colored hair, so it was only obvious to me as I braided her hair or whatnot. At every doctor appointment, her head as measured at 33 cm. That's tiny, folks. At the last doctor appointment we had before coming to Utah, only days before we came, she measured at 34 cm. We were shocked, so I had him do it again. Samantha sat so calmly while he measured her head, that he did it a few times. 34 cm. Samantha was given a priesthood blessings many years ago and was told that her brain would grow. I've put a lot of faith in that. It doesn't matter if it grows or not, really...but I believe those words. There could be a lot of explanations about that 1 cm growth, but I believe it's the beginning of more growth. She will always be small. I'm ok with that. This is more about my faith and seeing the fruits of it.
* Speaking of growth...we are expecting a baby boy in September.