Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day

I love being a Mom. There truly is no other job I'd rather have. And, let's be real here. It's a job. It's hard work. There are a lot of jobs out there. You've got blue collar jobs, white collar jobs. There are jobs that have more prestige. There are entry level positions. There's a lot of work out there that has to be done (some of it doesn't have to be done but, that's another topic) and people have to fill those positions so it does get done. Do I want to work in a fast food restuarant? No, not really. But everyday, on demand, if my kid's hungry, I whip up some pretty fast meals. Do I want to clean up people's vomit at the hospital? Certainly not. But I do it pretty quickly here. I may gag, but I do it and I do it with love (oh how sweet).

I really could go on and on...but the point is, there are a lot of jobs that we would never want to do. Some of us cringe at the idea of working at any entry level position because you get pushed around and given too much work than what your getting paid for. Right? Welcome to Motherhood. In all its glory, that is motherhood. I get scratched, bit, kicked, poked in the eye, my hair gets pulled out....I certainly have more work than what I get paid for...but I wouldn't say that I do more work than it's worth. Because each moment that I'm doing stuff, just a ton of stuff, it's all for my family. It's for my kids so they have a clean home and clothes, so they have healthy food, so they learn important skills that will prepare them for their future. There is a reason behind (most) everything I do as a mother. It's hard work, but it is worth every disgusting part of the job...and all the hugs and kisses and "I love you Mommy"s make it even sweeter.

Thanks to my mom for teaching me that. I love you!



2 comments:

Lant Family said...

cute pictures of you and your girls. Yeah I still don't like to clean up vomit :)

Shian said...

Being a mom really is a hard job, but there isn't any other more rewarding :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails