Sunday, May 2, 2010

Return of the Potty

So, marathon news to come later, because we have much bigger news tonight folks!

Tonight, after painting her fingernails and toenails purple, and doing the other nighttime routine, I put Callie down to bed. A bit later, I heard a noisy clamor coming from the bedroom. I went in the room to find Callie sitting on the floor by Samantha's bed (who luckily was so knocked out from her sleeping medication -- hallelujah for that stuff!). I flitted over to her side and quietly whispered into her attentive ear that it was time to go to bed, and if she would be so kind, to stay in bed and stop playing with the window shade and pulling the rigged up curtain off the wall and not go into Samantha's bed with her anymore. That's when I noticed she wasn't wearing any pants. Great. I searched around in the dark, found the pants and corresponding diaper, and began to put them on when she sweetly, and really, it was sweet, told me that she had to go potty. Potty?! Did you say Potty?! Ok.

Off she went to the bathroom, put her little seat on the big seat, moved the stool over, pulled her pants down, stepped on the stool, sat down. tinkle tinkle Yes. Welcome to your feature film, Return of the Potty...and we're quite happy over here.

Then off to bed.

So you see, this was very exciting news and details on the 1/2 marathon will come...but tomorrow. I'm very pleased with this progress...and I'm certainly not convinced that she's going back to the potty 100%, but this is a great first step back to where we were. Wahoo for my little girl!

2 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

congrats!!

: ) said...

WOO-HOO Callie girl!!!!! YAY for you!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails